JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Tech Advice > (Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice

(Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice Specific section for posts of problems or concerns you have and you are wanting others to chime in, photos and videos help

Old 03-29-2009, 05:52 PM
AnthonyB13

Ok the ECU is JWT flashed for the current setup I am running, T25, 370cc injectors Walbro fuel pump etc.

Her is a total breakdown of the current problem, while cranking the car the only way to get it to start is to apply throttle, otherwise it will turn over and then the RPM's immediately drop and the car dies. Once the engine is running if the throttle is released to go back to idle the engine sputters and dies. I understand the AFR will move around while applying and releasing throttle but it jumps erratically and drastically from one end of the spectrum to the other. I really need to get these issues addressed as while I am currently on leave, once I return to work this car has to be up and running for me to get to and from my office.
I have done a ton of research and if I understand the various threads it could be IACV, TPS, CTS or any combination of the three, or none of them. I was curious to see if you guys had ever come across anything like this before and if you had a solution. That way I get it solved right the first time instead of spending a ton of cash on parts that I don't need right now.

As for the tach problem, it does not read then it springs to life bouncing all over the gauge even pegging itself when the RPM's are no more that 1500 to 2000. Once in a while it will start to read normally, but only for a short time then it begins acting erratic again. I talked to you guys on the phone about this and at best guess it is a bad wire somewhere between the tach and the ECU. This is totally secondary as I can shift by ear easy enough and plan on installing an after market tach in the long run anyway.

Last edited by AnthonyB13; 03-29-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:03 PM
AnthonyB13

After reading the BoV thread, I do have a Greddy Type S in there, would that be causing the idle issue? If it could be the culprit is there a way to find out if it is?
Old 03-30-2009, 04:51 PM
NathanM

It's a possibility, can you get the car to idle at all?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
AnthonyB13

I wasn't able to get the car to idle, but today I solved the problem. I did a ton of searches in the past couple days on the problem on various forums, and no one really addressed the total issue. I did get a few ideas and went on a hunt to figure it out. First thing I tried was I disconnected the TPS and started the car and it immediately ran a ton better. I shut her off reconnected the TPS and started her again and it appears as though that did the trick so that has pretty much solved the idle problem. To be honest it suprised me, as my normal luck would have me chasing ghosts for days before I figured it out. Right now though I am at a sticking point as I await funds to get some more parts to see if I can get her to the point where she is ready for the road. I appreciate all the help guys, it really came in handy trying to get answers to my questions.

For the moment my next project is the hood I picked up from the junk yard to replace the rusted out one with the WRX scoop. I have a very small scoop that I am going to mount off to the side of the hood, directly over the air filter. Aesthetically it will be good in my opinion, smoothed into the hood and of course painted to match when I get the hood redone. I will post up pictures as it progresses.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
NathanM

Do post pictures it sounds interesting. My initial reaction is that it will look kinda funny but hey if you can pull it off. I'd also be a little worried of rain with it positioned right over the intake.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:16 PM
AnthonyB13

I thought about that and I am working a way to alleviate any problems, though I don't have a hard solution as of yet. I may just end up placing a rubber flap in there the way the WRX scoop has it with a water channel leading away from the filter, but I don't know as of yet. I know it will look a little strange at first to most people, but hey if it was about pleasing the rest of the world all of our cars would look the same lol. The scoop itself is relatively small, only about an inch to an inch and a half tall and only about 6 inches wide.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of hood scoops and vents. It makes stuff get wet and rust. Cooling the air before it goes into the turbo doesn't do that much either.

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 03-31-2009, 11:05 AM
AnthonyB13

Well right now I still doing design, haven't really finalized anything as of yet. My main goal with the scoop was a little bit of aesthetics and increased airflow into the engine bay. But like I said, all ideas at the moment.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:53 PM
jholman

So your TPS was acting weird?