JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Tech Advice > (Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice

(Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice Specific section for posts of problems or concerns you have and you are wanting others to chime in, photos and videos help

Old 03-24-2009, 12:32 PM
AnthonyB13

Default B13 Turbo install O2 Sensor

I have a question reference O2 sensor placement when adding a turbo to a SR motor. The car that I picked up had an O2 sensor bung on the down pipe (turned out it is a 12mm thread post cat sensor from a 200SX) and of course the GTIR jpipe has a bung in it as well. Since the B13's only are wired for a single one and I am not running a secondary wide band monitor where would be the best placement for a sensor and should I use the normal B13 one? I am going to end up getting a new down pipe anyway since the current one is a bit messed up, so should I get one with an O2 bung in it or use the one in the Jpipe?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Banned, trouble maker, must make apology first

ErixSEL is on a distinguished road

j-pipe is to close, the sensor is suppose to be 36 inches away from the turbo on a turbo car and like 12 for the head on a N/A car i believe
Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 AM
AnthonyB13

Well that answers the question, I appreciate it bro.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned, trouble maker, must make apology first

ErixSEL is on a distinguished road

yup NP
Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

you mean an aftermarket o2?

if so, we put them under the firewall right behind the motor
that is where mine is on the blue dragon
you need to run the factory one in the J pipe

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 PM
AnthonyB13

Factory O2 sensor is the one that I am talking about. I was mainly curious as the down pipe on the car I picked up had an O2 bung on the down pipe but the guy was only running an AFR gauge, not a wideband. He "misplaced" the jpipe he originally had on the car so I could not tell if he had it plugged or not. But either way I will be calling you later on Jason to get a down pipe among other things.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

cool
just don't forget, that I'm not on the phone much, it's better I'm doing other stuff for all our sake :-), we have several installs that are needed to be done

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 AM
AnthonyB13

No worries, every time I call I get the info I am looking for and quick service so whever I talk to it works out in the end.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
AnthonyB13

Ok new problem has cropped up. I can start the car, but only by giving it gas, if I let off it chokes and dies. When I give it a good amount of gas everything seems to run ok other than a miss here and there which I believe to be tied to the problem I am having while starting. Also the AFR is all over the place bouncing back and forth from lean to rich while I try to keep the engine running. The tach is still acting crazy though it does settle down and start to read once in a while, but I think that is mainly just a wiring issue after talking to you guys on the phone. And just to clarify I am trying all this without a down pipe until I can order another one. Any ideas?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:34 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

huh?

while playing with the gas, the AFR will be all over the place........so that's cool

what ECU tune do you have?

SR/RB/VQ technician