JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Tech Advice > (Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice

(Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice Specific section for posts of problems or concerns you have and you are wanting others to chime in, photos and videos help

Old 06-01-2011, 05:59 PM

julio is on a distinguished road
Default Is it posible to use gtir harness Andrew = fag

Now this is the big question, i have searched and havent found a yes or no answer. I really want to use the gtir harness and i understand that all i have to do is figure out which wires go to what on gtir underdash harness and underdash b13 harness. So is this even true and if it is that is the way i whant to go. And thanks for the help on my last thread and im still working on putting up some pics.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 PM
jholman

You don't wanna use the GTi-R harness at all. You want to throw it away if you own it and use your Se-R factory harness...That makes the engine install plug and play....

No wiring involved.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 PM

So that means i cant use the ecu either right?
And if that is the case this project just got a whole lot more axpensive cuz i would need a jwt tuned ecu.

But it is possible to use the gtir harness and just find the cluster panel diagram for both cars and cross reference?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:32 PM
jholman

You could but most everyone that does it has trouble and the car doesn't run right and thats when it gets really expensive....when you do that then have to turn around and redo it the other way...

The JWT ecu is the best way to go...they work great and are guaranteed to work
Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Well ill have to do that then. Thanks for the info and ill have some before and after pics as soon as i get the swap done.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Andrew@jgy

You should do some pics now and keep them updated as you go along.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Is your car an Se-r?

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 06-02-2011, 12:00 PM

Yea im just posting the threads from my i phone but i cant Post pics from it but ill up load some today from my laptop. And to answer jason's question yes it is an se-r.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

good

then

use your harness = free
use your ecu = free
use your dash cluster = works

and don't do any wiring......................no reason to use the GTi-R harness other than to make things complicated

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 PM

Alright so i will have ro make a hybrid harness from both harnesses and then get my se-r reprogramed. I dont mean to go on and on about it but i dont know why it is more complicated and why the car wont run right but that is exactly why i am here and why i am posting all of these questions. To get answers from pros.