JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Tech Advice > (Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice

(Help me) Customers post their problem and ask for advice Specific section for posts of problems or concerns you have and you are wanting others to chime in, photos and videos help

Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 PM
The 2.4L SR dude

JordanDavis is on a distinguished road
Angry SR wont start????

Just wondering from the rest of my fellow avid SR followers if anyone has had the same problem. Im reaching the final phases of my project before its atleast road worthy. Ive been hacking at it for a week now and still cant figure it out. The motor cranks but will not turn over, Im getting plenty of fuel, and spark is good. The spark is a bright yellow not blue like i usually get. Changed the plugs to a grade five to see if that would help and nothing. I set the timing three times with no avail to the starting issue. Unplugged the maf to see if that would work and nothing. I used starting fluid and not even a backfire. The exhaust manifold is getting hot but not running so i dont know if its flooding. the pluggs come out wet when i remove them. So any help or suggestions will be very helpfull

My kid is tatted up, it's legal, so you can back off.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:43 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

if you have fuel hitting the cylinders...............AND YOU ARE POSITIVE YOU DO, then that part is over

if you are POSITIVE that you have spark............then that part is over

we have had some weird ones over the years that have taken a while to start, but have worked through it

I don't understand what you mean by the exhaust getting hot............if it is, that would imply that you are getting some combustion...........of course so why no start?

Most SR's can bang over with just 2 cylinders working...............so something is odd

If I did not know that your exhaust was getting hot, I would assume that you have your ignition way off so that you are hitting on the wrong cylinders at the wrong time

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
The 2.4L SR dude

well I let it sit then tried starting it again and it started but only runs for a few seconds. any ideas?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

sorry.........I had a horrible virus issue on my computer at home and couldn't finish writing............

so, now I can type............could you have the wrong Crank Angle Sensor? or it's defective? We had a Sentra here one time that would run sometimes and not others.........the rotor button was loose on the distributor and it would spin around correctly sometimes, and not other times............ maybe something for you to think about

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 PM
The 2.4L SR dude

OK motor starts but fuel is cutting off after cranking. Plus timed to your guys specs and isnt working right. had to keep the bolts out of the CAS and turn it till the plug is facing up at about the 11 oclock position. Any ideas????

Old 10-21-2009, 09:06 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

sounds like your CAS is messed up

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 12-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Co-inventor of the GT2871

Shaun is on a distinguished road

the cas can be installed incorrectly and be 180 degrees off. Remove it, set the crank pulley to tdc with the front piston all the way up and then reinstall the cas following the instructions in the FSM.
Shaun
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM

why is there a picture of guy that puts sandwiches and trash in his tailpipe in my avatar?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:09 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

That is actually Tevis Bennett, the guy that we are looking for. A person that knows him sent us that photo and said he now lives in GA with his mother. Apparently, he broke up with a guy and moved back home.

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 AM

Why do some people have to be low lifes? Sorry, i thought he looked like another little pip-squeak.