JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Performance Section > Haltech Section, Useful info and MAPS

Haltech Section, Useful info and MAPS Anthony Busko doesn't dunk B balls

Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 PM
The 2.4L SR dude

JordanDavis is on a distinguished road
Cool Rwd S13/S14 haltech PS1000 users

Just a little info for the S13/S14 haltech patchloom users. I purchased my haltech setup from Jason and Andrew at JGY in the progress of my stroker motor build. I currently have an sr in my car and wanted to get a base set up for the new motor.

Well upon installation of the new ecu and patchloom tried to start the car with the base map jason provided me via email. The car would crank but would not fire. Looking into the great control program haltech has made with there new ECUs i found i was not getting a home signal or a trigger count higher than one.

2 Months pass by and same problem. Thanks to my Great friend terry and his past experience with his 1st and 3rd Gen rx-7s we brain stormed and with his reaserch we decided to try out an idea he had.

What we found In the patchloom harness is that the two wires for the home and trigger signal wires were switched. Took a spare plug i had and swapped the wires around by plugging them into the Cam Angle Sensor and Pow the car started right up.

To me this is More of an isolated case and I happened to get the one that was bad. I am not by any means discrediting Haltech or there products cause Ive seen what they can do and how well they work. I just wanted to put this out there and help anyone out that might be having a similar issue. Not sure if the setup is the same for the sentra community but if it is I hope to have solved some headaches and issues in the nissan SR world!!!! Got any questions just hit me up this thread!!!!!!!

My kid is tatted up, it's legal, so you can back off.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

That's some good info!

Unfortunately, we have had similar issues like that in the past with items from Greddy as well. The turbo timer harness is about a 50% shot that it's wired wrong. At least the pins are easy to swap.

By far the worst, I mean worst, were 2 harnesses from Wiring Specialties. On the 2 we had, you could virtually not remove the wires without messing up the ecu plug. In our case, we had a Type X ecu but the customer had bought a traditional harness. The technical service from the only guy that works there, Yuri is non-existant. All you get is insults and comments on how you are wrong. Oddly, since we didn't buy it and are handed it to install, we can only be correct. It was a hit or miss anyway since the business is cell phone based. We ended up just not worrying about it and hacking up a B14 Nissan harness to get wires that fit the ecu. You could install wires into the plug, but you could not remove them. The other stupid part was the issue that all that had to be done was put a wire in each hole of the ecu plug so the customer could use which ones he wanted. But no! not that easy.

The second one was a harness from him that uses red green and white wires for the maf........that are ironically the same colors used by AEM for the pressure sensor...........but if you wires those color to color as our customer did, you fry the pressure sensor with 12volts and not 5volts. It was almost like it was done purposely to cause problems..............and for that one, the customer had to buy a new sensor from us and we grabbed the 5volt from the TPS or IACV. Even in this case, Yuri kept blaming us and the customer. Not being able to ever be wrong, he refused to see how a novice would assume that if you are not using the MAF and the colors are the same, that you would expect to wire the AEM into the same colors........NOT the case.

I'm not saying all the WS harnesses are junk. We had 2 of 2 that did not suit the customer's needs. I would think that if you needed a harness to wire in your SR or RB and did not have the car harness or the motor harness, that his are a good alternative. If you have both those harnesses, just send them to us or a place that offers the service like we do. I will say the customer service is the worst we have ever experienced, from location insults, to background insults, you name it.

The goal should be to get the car running. The goal shouldn't be to not admit fault at any cost.

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 12-09-2013, 11:05 AM
The Official

PaulWalker is on a distinguished road

Wiring Specialties harnesses are not good.

We had one at our shop one time. That dude that answer the phone is so rude. As soon as you mention any problem, he starts telling you how you are wrong.

I'm sure most of them work, but I would never buy one, in the event that you need something fixed that they messed up

oh, and the ecu pinouts.....you have to break them to open them

I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time. I'm a circle track dude.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:34 AM
The Official

PaulWalker is on a distinguished road

Wiring Specialties harnesses are not good.

We had one at our shop one time. That dude that answer the phone is so rude. As soon as you mention any problem, he starts telling you how you are wrong.

I'm sure most of them work, but I would never buy one, in the event that you need something fixed that they messed up

oh, and the ecu pinouts.....you have to break them to open them

I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time. I'm a circle track dude.