JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Magazines, the good, the bad, and the ugly

Magazines, the good, the bad, and the ugly The truth they don't want you to know

Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Project Car, September-October 2008

Page 35, discussion of putting a Bluebird into an Se-r

"was a brass pilot bushing. Because it was in near-perfect condition, we didnt' bother changing it out with the new one provided in our clutch kit from Spec."

now I'm all for buyer's decision.........if you don't want to buy a clutch from JGY......that's cool

what is wrong is that all FWD US trannies' output shafts DO NOT touch the crankshaft area.........this is evident by placing the tranny on the floor and noticing that the shaft is shorter than the bellhousing

2 things wrong
1. writing a tech article and not knowing this
2. Supplying a clutch kit that includes a pilot bearing that is not used

shame shame shame P.C. and S.

Page 35

tells people to use an impact gun to install the flywheel..........shame shame shame...............not knowing that this is bad?

......do some research........69ft/lbs!.....torque wrench

The next couple pages has some nice info and is helpful.

Page 46........

nice idea on the front mount................but you could have bought the JGY front mount ....saved you some time and not had to grind the block to fit the crossmember, I guess it pays to do your research........hey, we've been here since 2000

Page 52

Spent more making their downpipe than they could have paid for ours.......and lost no time

Spent alot of money on an intercooler......ours is cheaper

Spent too much money on a clutch that comes with a PILOT BEARING
ours is cheaper, better, and comes from a place that knows this swap

Spent more money on an LSD adder than we sell ours for.
(also.......for the record, we only came out with ours because back in 2003, the other company basically disappeared......no phone answering, no emails.......and we thought they were gone........so I had my father help me design a similar style LSD adder for the FWD's based on memory of the function.......this was out of necessity because we had presold 3 of them to 3 customers in New York for me to build them transmissions..........I have since compared the 2 as that company resurfaced and ours was/is more aggressive)

..."If we had the JDM SR20DET ECU and MAF sensor, we could've fired the car up and driven it. Since we didn't, we'll have to wait patiently until.......Jim Wolf Technology."

Wrong....and you shouldn't tell readers this.....yes the car would run, but it will run badly on the SR20DET harness and maf......not to mention that it won't plug up under the dash
Right......waiting on the JWT ECU to come back

........bottom line.............For a magazine that should know the market, they sure did miss the mark on that build............the largest company that caters directly to the SR FWD market.....and they didn't know? wow

let's see if they do more research next time and find us for the next installment..............or the odder part of this.......maybe they could have seen our ads in TURBO MAG and SUPERSTREET earlier this year......since it's the same company ........but that might be a stretch to expect that.........

(p.s. I thought that intercooler kit was neat........totally unusable for a street car......but neat.....ours is better though)

(p..s.. Let's see if they find out why their dash temperature gauge shows hot when the motor is not in the next episode)

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 12-29-2008, 12:19 PM
trouble member

SE-Reis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JGY View Post
(p..s.. Let's see if they find out why their dash temperature gauge shows hot when the motor is not in the next episode)
Ooo, ooo. Is it because they're using the wrong year temp sensor in the car, as opposed to the computer?

If I'm right, do I win a free shirt?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:08 PM
BigBoss Sentra, packing more stroke than you know

mickey93ser is on a distinguished road

yeah, that was kinda a neat idea to have the front mount in the grill. I wouldnt do it, but it was different.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey93ser View Post
yeah, that was kinda a neat idea to have the front mount in the grill. I wouldnt do it, but it was different.

did you see how the cut the back of the head lights out for the piping to fit? NO headlights anymore

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 AM
trouble member

SE-Reis is on a distinguished road

Does the huge Forge Evo intercooler you sell fit nicely, or does it require a ton of hacking to get up through the front? I always thought that would be great to put on the front of my car, strictly for show, to have peeking out behind the bumper and the grille.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 PM

NissanCrazyEric is on a distinguished road

It is the JDM sensor is differant then the USDM sensor causing a false reading ....
Old 01-03-2009, 06:27 PM

Yeah I seen how they ran the IC piping behind the headlights. I just want to know where they got that carbon fiber trunk from!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 PM

They have a new one out... Nissan Vs Honda
Old 05-03-2009, 07:18 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey93ser View Post
They have a new one out... Nissan Vs Honda

They aggressively suck.

They can roll up all our $$thousands$$ in advertising and shuv it in their nose holes.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds them, dang.

The funny part is we get calls on building Nissans because of those mag even though they didn't use us for a dang thing.

We won't do anymore advertising with Primedia or who ever bought them. The last time I talk to them, they claimed that a writer from Car and Driver had been put on that magazine and didn't know about us. Well, his internet surfing sucks. Especially, after they talked to us about the last issue, I still can't believe they aren't using us.

Bottom line on those mags, they just use local places to their facility. It's an injustice to the readers.

Support PASMAG, we do, and they are legit. Quality magazine and self owned.

oh.......and Mickey........no ARP? what the ?

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 05-04-2009, 04:22 PM

Arp??