JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Performance Section > Turbo Section

Turbo Section Boosted Section for Cars that run more than 0psi

Old 12-03-2013, 02:46 PM

mrsteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnblknx View Post

did a few pulls, and what i can say is that i'm more than happy with the numbers...i was trying to hit around the 280whp area...did better than was expecting...current setup-Avenir motor, JGY solid frontmount, B15 trans, JGY 6puck, JGY 8lb flywheel, 72lb injectors, JGY fuelrail, jwt tune, hks bov, z32 maf, 255 pump, JGY frontmount kit, JGY 3" downpipe, full 3" exhaust, greddy profec b spec2, k-sport coilovers, JGY fan kit, koyo radiator, nismo thermostat. Everything was supplied from the dudes at JGY...these pulls were at 20psi. coolant temperture as a constant 154deg, inside temps were 120deg. thanks again Andrew"THE MAN" and Jason"THE DR."
I have been looking at this for a while and something isn't correct with this.

Your coolant temperature should be higher than that. Your thermostat doesn't open until about 180degrees or so........so if you are doing dyno pulls, your motor should be warm. If not warm, than the numbers are not accurate. Also, why in the world was it 120degrees in your dyno cell? Most people can't tolerate over 115degrees for more than about 2 hours. Above 125 degrees, and some people's organs start shutting down. Besides the issue that it's weird that it would be that hot in the dyno, I found it just insane that anyone would want to actually heat a room up to that hot.

Please explain your case.

I love Lexus's. I actually had my first kiss in a Lexus and it wasn't on the lips.

Ronald Edwards told me about this forum. He said you guys sell stuff.

I'm interested in putting an RB20 in my Lexus.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Brennan@JGY is on a distinguished road

That seems pretty warm for a dyno run

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:19 AM

hks-evo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsteve View Post
I have been looking at this for a while and something isn't correct with this.

Your coolant temperature should be higher than that. Your thermostat doesn't open until about 180degrees or so........so if you are doing dyno pulls, your motor should be warm. If not warm, than the numbers are not accurate. Also, why in the world was it 120degrees in your dyno cell? Most people can't tolerate over 115degrees for more than about 2 hours. Above 125 degrees, and some people's organs start shutting down. Besides the issue that it's weird that it would be that hot in the dyno, I found it just insane that anyone would want to actually heat a room up to that hot.

Please explain your case.
haha, I'd have to have a cold pack on my nuts in that room. That's ****ing crazy hot.

I'm in VA and I want to give you money.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Brennan@JGY is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.