JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Performance Section > Turbo Section

Turbo Section Boosted Section for Cars that run more than 0psi

Old 10-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Esgar is on a distinguished road
Talking little help

Should the mass air sensor be on the turbo inlet or in front of the intake or dose it matter. Cuz my turbo is a top mounted turbo and its going on the far left side and I didnít what to extend the mass air wires that far.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:17 PM
AnthonyB13

The optimal place is in the turbo inlet pipe. If you try to place it in the pipe from the intercooler to the intake mani you have to look at the minimum distance from the throttle body to the sensor, which if I remember right is appx 12 inches or more. The other headache with placing it there is the location of your blow off valve, which also needs to be a certain distance from the sensor, but I am not sure how much off the top of my head.

Or you could go a whole different route and drop the MAF completely by getting a Haltech .
Old 10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
jholman

yea it should preferably be on the turbo inlet but if your going top mount than you may wanna look inot a standalone ecu that will allow you to run a map sensor.

We sell haltech and they work great. You could also try the GReddy Emanage ultimate or like an AEM. They all give you the option to run MAP.