JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Magazines, the good, the bad, and the ugly

Magazines, the good, the bad, and the ugly The truth they don't want you to know

Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 AM
abonham@JGY

True dat

Old 05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@jgy View Post
The magazine to me seems like the guys arent really out to let you know whats going on out there, but to make themselves look cool.
I know you and Josh had a run-in with the Greg kid that sort of works there at Import Alliance and said he was a pompus anus.

My experiences with them is that the magazine is not for them to make a living, but to have fun. They don't even really seem that focused on advertising. With that said, when you don't use a trade to make a living, but to have fun, you get the opportunity to do so much more than normal. I was surprised how little they went out from the norm....... Oddly, they approached us in the beginning............and that was about it.........they didn't seem to have a fire under them to keep them motivated. I had a lot of hope for them.........and still do.

I enjoyed talking to them and hoped we could get some projects going. What I can remember of Greg was him calling here to set something up for putting the VK56DE into his KA24E powered car. I was guessing around 8000$ for it to be nice for the magazine. He was surprised and said his budget was about $2k I was in shock. He also name dropped one of our competitors so much that I even asked him what his intention was in doing it because it didn't help the conversation.

It was just a very weird interaction with him. It was as if he wanted the project to go no where right from the start.

We had even talked about providing the motor for free if a deal was good for our side...........

He ended up putting a twin cam motor in the car................definite change of direction

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 05-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Andrew@jgy

He was not very nice. We were standing there looking at a car and didnt see him wanting to take a picture of the car and he then was very rude with us and told us (not asked) to move.