JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Chassis Specific > OTHER NISSAN'S

Old 10-28-2013, 05:19 PM

goggin is on a distinguished road
Default New guy

Hey Guys been browsing the net looking for info. came across your site and see that you do some crazy work. So i hope i dont get blasted for this as i have on other forums. Im looking for some info. I have a 1988 nissan pulsar nx with the 1.8L. now that motor has not been kind to me. and i thought about swaping it for an sr20de. then i went even further with thinking maybe convert it to rwd and make something one of a kind. just looking on thought and ideas.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Brennan@JGY is on a distinguished road

If you had the budget the RWD swap would be a great idea. We have several fwd sr20de's here if you wanted to go that route.

We have an AWD B13 here with power windows = O

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM

what kinda of budget are we talking? i mean i would love to swap it with a small v6 or something and make it rwd. i understand it will of work. or would i be better off just putting that body on a rwd frame and going from there? i really like the body because you just dont see many of them. I also rolled the thought over of making it midship with a fwd sr20de set up over the rear wheels. i htink seeing the motor thru the hatch would be pretty cool too. i would need help with Welding and stuff as i dont know how to weld.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Yea, I mean anything can be done here and it seems like you have some great ideas. RWD NX would be around $10k.

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Wow that is alot. hmmm guess i should learn how to weld lol. how about doing a midship sr20de with it? would that be around the same price?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:13 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

$10,000 seems fair

I could tell you $5,000, but you will spend $5k more by the time it's done correct.

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 AM

Well i guess for now ill keep it fwd and just swap in an sr20de. the motors on your site do they include the ECU and the bolt on accessories? just want to make sure i have a list of everything i need to do the swap before i start. do you know any major things to look for? this will be my first swap. i know i will need new motor mounts welded in.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

you are probably looking at spending about $4k easy to do that

what's your budget

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 AM

well my budget is as cheap as i can get it without compromising safety. I was thinking of picking up a whole car with an sr20DE and use it as a donor car. Like an old sentra ser or an infinite G20. ( have one already but i daily drive that so dont want to hake it apart). i figure if i can do that my cost would be down since i would have almost all the parts i would need. minus the new welded in mounts. unless im thinking making this sound alot easier then it is. i have rebuilt a motor before (99 subaru forester) that turned out pretty good. wasnt to difficult. but this is modding and i dont know how to weld. i like to try to do things myself.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

What do you daily drive?