JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Chassis Specific > OTHER NISSAN'S

Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM

Badman62 is on a distinguished road
Default 93 gtir 2.0 awd

I was able to get my hands on a RHD 93 GTIR last April,and this year I was hoping to start working on it.I am looking to get maybe 350-400hp out the motor.I really like to track it when I am done.Of course its always the question how to go about doing it.I was given the suggestion of dropping a vvl head on the motor and upgrading the turbo, as well just building the motor I have in it right now.I had hope to go JGY for parts as well some of the engine build.But suggestions would be nice from the JGY crew and the forum community on what should be done.

Price quotes would be a great help JGY too...Thanks!

"Be just or be dead"

Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 AM
abonham@JGY

pics or it does not exist!

there awesome tho!

my suggestions, forget about the vvl head, and buy a set of cams. upgrade turbo, our injectors and rail,get a tune. and loose your "interheater" for our front mount intercooler kit.

and we could go on and on and on... but you should prob give us a call on prices!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badman62 View Post
I was able to get my hands on a RHD 93 GTIR last April,and this year I was hoping to start working on it.I am looking to get maybe 350-400hp out the motor.I really like to track it when I am done.Of course its always the question how to go about doing it.I was given the suggestion of dropping a vvl head on the motor and upgrading the turbo, as well just building the motor I have in it right now.I had hope to go JGY for parts as well some of the engine build.But suggestions would be nice from the JGY crew and the forum community on what should be done.

Price quotes would be a great help JGY too...Thanks!
Welcome to our forum.
What is your name?
That is a great car you have purchased.
Traditionally, we don't do much pricing over the forum as it gets turned around on us.
I know I know I know........but you have to try not to listen to anyone that says to use that head. Actually, you should probably block them from your contacts. The gti-r head is probably the best designed SR head out there for boost. Many of the issues/restrictions that come into play with other heads aren't there with yours. Trust me, don't change your head. VVL is all hype. We have discussed this in other sections of the forum as well.

JGY fuel rail/injectors
JWT ecu
JGYBB37 (GT2871r)
Nissan 300zx maf

= 400 HP

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 01-14-2013, 02:26 PM

just few pics

"Be just or be dead"

Last edited by Badman62; 01-14-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered if that was yours in your avatar :-)

I assume you are in the military?

Do you have a umbrella in your door? some of them came with that.

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JGY View Post
I wondered if that was yours in your avatar :-)

I assume you are in the military?

Do you have a umbrella in your door? some of them came with that.
I wish mine looked like the one in the avatar,but that is all in due time.I plan on painting it white once most of the motor work is done.As for the purchase of the vehicle, it was through craiglist actually,lucky find.Sadly no umbrella holder on this model,though I have seen a few in the uk for sale.My biggest desire is finding the front fog lights that sit in the grill,but they are impossible to find.

"Be just or be dead"

Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

I find it funny that a true rally car has something as silly as an umbrella holder.

Cruise control? NO WAY!, too much weight........umbrella? OK sure

I'm not sure how that got approved by the powers that be.

Trust me when I say you are the only person missing the fog lights. When you go to a car show, I'm positive that is NOT one of the things that prevents you from winning.

also, those fog lights restrict some air to the radiator.

What's your budget for going faster? $5k? $4k? $2k?

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I find it funny that a true rally car has something as silly as an umbrella holder.

Cruise control? NO WAY!, too much weight........umbrella? OK sure

I'm not sure how that got approved by the powers that be.

Trust me when I say you are the only person missing the fog lights. When you go to a car show, I'm positive that is NOT one of the things that prevents you from winning.

also, those fog lights restrict some air to the radiator.

What's your budget for going faster? $5k? $4k? $2k?

Looking to spend maybe around 3k.Gotta leave some bank for body work,paint,suspension and wheels.

Very true about the fog lights,I never thought about that way to be honest.I guess I was thinking about at WRC sorta look to the car.

"Be just or be dead"

Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badman62 View Post
Looking to spend maybe around 3k.Gotta leave some bank for body work,paint,suspension and wheels.

Very true about the fog lights,I never thought about that way to be honest.I guess I was thinking about at WRC sorta look to the car.

I ran a turbo'd Sentra for a long time on the streets. I was amazed at how much air just a license plate block when I had it in the grill area.
I monitored my water temperatures via a Greddy Informeter.

I won't argue with you about the *looks*. It looks awesome. But lighting has changed so much in the past 3 years, with HID at $100 and LED directionals, you can get a huge amount of light output with almost no visible changes to the car.

with that bank roll, we can get you about 400WHP...........that car is nasty quick at that power level and still is at that point of not breaking stuff

Also, if you ever want to sell it, you still have a GTi-R car.

We have an '08 EVO MR in here now. The kid used to work for us. Well, he has a de-6speed car, now 5speed, Eclipse 2.4 motor and a turbo setup that exists the hood..........it doesn't run. Besides the cool factor, the marketability of the car is now so slim that it's hard to sell. The car would be worth more with a 6speed and the correct motor.

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I ran a turbo'd Sentra for a long time on the streets. I was amazed at how much air just a license plate block when I had it in the grill area.
I monitored my water temperatures via a Greddy Informeter.

I won't argue with you about the *looks*. It looks awesome. But lighting has changed so much in the past 3 years, with HID at $100 and LED directionals, you can get a huge amount of light output with almost no visible changes to the car.

with that bank roll, we can get you about 400WHP...........that car is nasty quick at that power level and still is at that point of not breaking stuff

Also, if you ever want to sell it, you still have a GTi-R car.

We have an '08 EVO MR in here now. The kid used to work for us. Well, he has a de-6speed car, now 5speed, Eclipse 2.4 motor and a turbo setup that exists the hood..........it doesn't run. Besides the cool factor, the marketability of the car is now so slim that it's hard to sell. The car would be worth more with a 6speed and the correct motor.
Being a big fan of Evo's myself,that kinda hurts the heart to hear such a thing happen to one those beautiful machines.Granted if that is what makes him happy,then more power to him.

I have read through some of the forum and looked at your website and I have
nothing but trust in your ability and work.The reason I asked for your opinion on the matter of my car.I guess the next would be for me to get the car down there so you can look it over..Its about a 4 hour drive from where I am,but I have passed there many times when I had to travel out west.

Maybe you can also give advice on the body and interior as well.I have contacted a place in the UK that breaks GTIR and they are willing to ship
interior and body parts over.As I mention before I am going for WRC look for the car,so that would include the widen fenders.As for the front lights I have been looking at company that makes set of headlights for Primera that will fit the GTIR.(www.morette.com)

"Be just or be dead"