JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Our Community > JGY Member photos/videos

JGY Member photos/videos photos and videos of your ride

Old 07-30-2013, 02:45 PM

Jdser92 is on a distinguished road
Default turbo b14....finally

Okay, finished up my I/c pipes today and ran car under boost for the first time. Ran like a champ. I loved it. I haven't been boosted since 07 and wonder why I ever got out of it. Car is running the w11's stock boost of 9psi and it just rips. Love it. I don't think the clutch I have will hold too much more boost for now, but I am pretty happy. I got a lot of it buttoned up quick so I need to go back in and finish up some things but man it was a fun lil ride.

Couple parts from jgy include, 3in exhaust, solid front motor mount, intercooler, oil line, and I think that is is.

I need to fix hot side I/c pipes, rubbing radiator a bit. I may replace the fuel rubber lines I used for the water lines for turbo, they seemed pretty weak after all warmed up and running around. Also, could hear the water flowing in the lines after I shut car down, should I be concerned with this??? Does this mean there is bubbles in my cooling system???

Other then those issues, I am super happy with it.

Anyway, on to some pics of right after finishing up today:

-92 b13 12.1@a112mph R.I.P.
-96 B14 w11 9psi
-94 G20

-12 Honda Pilot--kid taxi

Last edited by Jdser92; 08-15-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Brennan@JGY is on a distinguished road

Thats great you posted some pics,

Yea boost is always more fun I think. I know a guy that got tired of being slower than me in my WRX so he boosted his 350z.

As far as the sound of the water in the lines, I wouldnt be concerned about it unless it started overheating on you. Just keep an eye on your temp gauge.

I dont see any JGY stickers, hopefully you got some in the box.

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

boo, that's not our intercooler kit

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 07-31-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JGY View Post
boo, that's not our intercooler kit

Intercooler came from you guys though.

-96 B14 w11 9psi
-94 G20

Old 07-31-2013, 04:39 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

true

also

We seem to have many many PA customers this year.

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 08-14-2013, 02:17 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

How is the car?

What did you think about the exhaust fitment that you got from us?

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 08-15-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JGY View Post
How is the car?

What did you think about the exhaust fitment that you got from us?
Car is running great. the w11 turbo is putting out 9-10psi on the stock wastegate.

New clutch is in order already though. I though for sure the one I had would be able to handle the 9psi.

The exhaust fits good. I did end up bending the muffler braces just a lil bit upward to sit the muffler lower, it was snug against the bumper and I did not want anything to start melting. The swivel joint to the muffler is at a pretty good angle as well, it seals good no leaks but looks like if muffler pipe was bent a lil more one way it would have met the joint with a straighter fitment. I am def. happy with it though.

-96 B14 w11 9psi
-94 G20

Old 08-15-2013, 07:45 AM

Here are some final shots of car and engine bay.

-96 B14 w11 9psi
-94 G20

Last edited by Jdser92; 08-15-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Brennan@JGY is on a distinguished road

Looks great man, now you need our 11inch big brake kit in the front.

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:30 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdser92 View Post
Car is running great. the w11 turbo is putting out 9-10psi on the stock wastegate.

New clutch is in order already though. I though for sure the one I had would be able to handle the 9psi.

The exhaust fits good. I did end up bending the muffler braces just a lil bit upward to sit the muffler lower, it was snug against the bumper and I did not want anything to start melting. The swivel joint to the muffler is at a pretty good angle as well, it seals good no leaks but looks like if muffler pipe was bent a lil more one way it would have met the joint with a straighter fitment. I am def. happy with it though.

All exhausts seem to be like that. It seems like every car we work on is a little different. Over the years someone has changed the rubber isolators to a shorter set, someone has bent a hanger......they always seem to be *massaged* some.

The swivel joint is there on purpose because it allows the user to get the muffler where they want it. We try to be as straight as we can get. (joke on Brennan)

I put a BMRP (i think) on one of our Chevy trucks. I ended up having to install it where the bend was NOT suppose to be. I didn't do it how the instructions said, it wouldn't fit.........but putting on how I wanted it, it fit how I liked.

nice looking garage, who did your grout work?

SR/RB/VQ technician