JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Our Community > Off Topic

Off Topic doesn't fit in another section, but you still feel the need to tell the world

Old 06-15-2013, 09:03 AM

Shock Therapist (Tray) is on a distinguished road
Default UFC tonight....and a Quote I stumbled upon.

Got to catch the big fight tonight!!!
Rashad Evans vs Dan Henderson
(NCAA Div 1 Wrestler vs Greco-Roman Olympic style Wrestler)

ps
I was researching some info and I ran across this quote that hit home with me. Before you read it, consider the fact that I am the grandson of WWII Navy vet (pre-integration), son of a Marine (Dad) and Librarian (Mom), nephew of Vietnam Vet/combat instructor suffering with PTSD, a GI soldier Army, and a Green Beret who is currently MIA. So here's the quote:

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a soldier"
-James

Thank you James, that is now going into my signature.

I know nothing about Electrical Theory, but I'm 99% sure that Batman stayed down the hall from me my Freshman year.

'97 240sx SE (???)
'05 Maxima SE (stock)
'12 FJ Cruiser TTSE (Trail Teams Special Edition, DeMello Rock Rails, Borla Duals, Air Dam w/Roof HIDs)

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, Thank A Soldier"
-James

Last edited by Shock Therapist (Tray); 06-15-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:21 AM
abonham@JGY

that should be a good one, i havent been paying attention to that game too much as of late.

but nice quote!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

I take allot of pride in my country. I am not sure why..........because growing up, I don't remember that being a big thing instilled into me as a child.

As I type this, I sit in front of a flag that was flown at the White House. We keep it in our lobby.

That's a very neat quote. I like it.

I've always been a fan of English being spoken in the US. It's the same to me as going to France........speak French.

It's one of my pet peeves to see road signs in the DC area in English and Spanish. I think it would be the easiest that if you drive in the US, you have to know the English road signs..............heck......if not, why do the signs in 2 languages.......why not do them in French, Chinese, etc......so it would never stop

I'm also a big supporter of "repping" and liking what/where you are. It always annoys me when someone lives in a place and insults it all the time........move if you don't like it.

Finally...........pre-integration Navy? That's a pretty big deal. There would be a movie inspired by him would there?

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abonham@JGY View Post
that should be a good one, i havent been paying attention to that game too much as of late.

but nice quote!
Yeah, the fight turned out ok, but no super highlights. I agree it is a nice quote, so I'm hoping the author of it contacts me so I can give him his proper credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JGY View Post
I take allot of pride in my country. I am not sure why..........because growing up, I don't remember that being a big thing instilled into me as a child.
Funny you say that...my family members never really pushed a whole lot of patriotism aside from Olympics and the military conflicts. So it wasn't strongly instilled in me as a child either. Believe it or not, when I was teetering with joining the Marines or going to college, my Dad was the primary reason I didn't enlist. I think that as I got older, learned how things worked, and understood how our rights and freedom did not come without prices, the awareness built my pride to a higher level. This might be similar to what you experienced Jason.
Quote:
As I type this, I sit in front of a flag that was flown at the White House. We keep it in our lobby.

That's a very neat quote. I like it.

I've always been a fan of English being spoken in the US. It's the same to me as going to France........speak French.

It's one of my pet peeves to see road signs in the DC area in English and Spanish. I think it would be the easiest that if you drive in the US, you have to know the English road signs..............heck......if not, why do the signs in 2 languages.......why not do them in French, Chinese, etc......so it would never stop

I'm also a big supporter of "repping" and liking what/where you are. It always annoys me when someone lives in a place and insults it all the time........move if you don't like it.
Didn't know about the Flag. Thats real cool! As far as the "repping" goes, I totally agree. The country was founded on different ideals and a lot of Christian moral/ethical standards. I have no problem with someone feeling different from the way our society is built, but if you don't like it you still have the freedom to leave and go where you are happier. Don't move into my house, then tell me I can't 'live my lifestyle' because it offends you. You knew how the house was established before you asked to come in it. I think our willingness to allow people of different beliefs/cultures to come here is good, but it shouldn't be spat on by those same ones who benefited from our open- mindedness. (sorry for the rant...that's a sore spot for me too)
Quote:
Finally...........pre-integration Navy? That's a pretty big deal. There would be a movie inspired by him would there?
Yeah, he was on a ship in the Pacific Fleet. At that time his role on the ship was a cook. Blacks at that time could only qualify for certain jobs within the different branches of the armed services. My grandfather lived a typical life after the war ended.
But I know the movie you were referring to. 'Men of Honor' which took place after the desegregation of the military. That movie highlighted how the first black American Navy diver (Brashear) was treated, as well as how his white instructor (Sunday) was treated after he recognized that Brashear was a capable diver. Good movie.

I know nothing about Electrical Theory, but I'm 99% sure that Batman stayed down the hall from me my Freshman year.

'97 240sx SE (???)
'05 Maxima SE (stock)
'12 FJ Cruiser TTSE (Trail Teams Special Edition, DeMello Rock Rails, Borla Duals, Air Dam w/Roof HIDs)

-James

Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

You wrote: Don't move into my house, then tell me I can't 'live my lifestyle' because it offends you. You knew how the house was established before you asked to come in it. I think our willingness to allow people of different beliefs/cultures to come here is good, but it shouldn't be spat on by those same ones who benefited from our open- mindedness. (sorry for the rant...that's a sore spot for me too)

well said

Also, there is a difference between being born in a location and insulting it, and moving to that location and insulting it. The first is more acceptable than the second for me.

A boy is born in a high crime area and doesn't like it, gets bothered....and insults the area......or better yet, tries to fix it........ I'm OK with that.

A person moves to an area, maybe even because their spouse moved them there, the person insults the ammenities of the area, the weather, and the road conditions. No one that lives there is going to enjoy hearing that......not good

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 AM

Yeah...I get turned off by individuals with that mindset. Its one thing to have your opinions and preferences, but don't be so self-centered that you indirectly insult others.

'97 240sx SE (???)
'05 Maxima SE (stock)

-James

Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 AM
MoukiWisey

who ever buys me lunch today gets my vote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:55 PM
The Official

PaulWalker is on a distinguished road

what does that mean?

who's voting on what?

I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time. I'm a circle track dude.