JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Performance Section > Dyno Sheets and Time Slips, (brag in this section)

Dyno Sheets and Time Slips, (brag in this section) if you have proof, prove it

Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute
Default JGY Blue Street car at the Drag strip

Thursday, Josh and I went to the local drag strip at Bristol International Raceway in Bristol TN.

It is a nice facility and seemingly a nice track.

I ran my street Sentra 3 times.

1. 15.2
2. 13.9
3. 13.8

..........all at about 16psi.

I would have been happy with a 13.2 but did not get there.

Blame list:
1. driver
2. track

Here's the odd part............the track is no joke up hill at the start line.
My first run.......I start rolling backwards. I try using the clutch to hold me steady and apparently rolled forward enough to redlight.......so that is why my time was so sucky......it was basically a dead run.

My second run........I just held my foot on the brake pedal until the lights went to the second yellow and then pushed the gas and went. and so on the 3rd

My problem was that I could not effectively get to the RPM that I wanted to for launching due to not being able to NOT roll backwards ( I have no ebrake)

Second......... at the top of first gear, I was spinning........which is unusual because on the street, I do not spin as much.......it was actually like I had less traction on the drag strip.........so I was shifting to second sooner than I wanted to

anyway.............at that strip, and with an ebrake issue.........I'd say a 13.5 would be about the best

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 PM
NathanM

What tires are you using on the streets? I have nothing special and spin straight through first as is on just 9psi
Old 04-16-2010, 09:49 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanM View Post
What tires are you using on the streets? I have nothing special and spin straight through first as is on just 9psi
what tires do you have? 165/75/14's or something?

I run Yokahama S Drives. They are nice. I like them.

On my Gspot, I run Yokohama Parada's.

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
NathanM

190/60/15's Goodyear Eagle's

The triple tread was great when the car had the old motor and drove in all weather. These days she only sees sunny days like today.

I raced a b18c civic with some junk ebay vtec controller and it took till third gear to pass him because of all the wheel spin in first; the tires just have no sticky.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:43 PM
NathanM

Do the rear Wilwoods not allow for an ebrake?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:52 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Quote:
Do the rear Wilwoods not allow for an ebrake?
NOPE

also..........190? you mean 195? that is super small, when you come down here.......I'll let you ride in a real car :-)

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JGY View Post
NOPE

also..........190? you mean 195? that is super small, when you come down here.......I'll let you ride in a real car :-)

Reply Nathan!

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
NathanM

Yeah i mean 195.... Hopefully I'll have some new shoes, a better suspension, and more boost before DYNO DAY.... but that's a long list hopefully it all gets done...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Quote:
Yeah i mean 195.... Hopefully I'll have some new shoes, a better suspension, and more boost before DYNO DAY.... but that's a long list hopefully it all gets done...

try some 215/40/17's for ya!

also..........our Ksport prices dropped

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 05-04-2010, 04:57 PM
jholman

hey hey hey Jason you there....I think its time we go back to the track and see what the blue demons got this time......

and maybe see if I can pick up some time since I got my lsd, tranny, and fuel pressure fixed.....what ya say maybe the 6th in like 2 days????