JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Magazines, the good, the bad, and the ugly

Magazines, the good, the bad, and the ugly The truth they don't want you to know

Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 AM
NathanM

Default Project Car #11

Has anyone seen it yet? It's VVL vs. VTEC is about all I know.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:55 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanM View Post
Has anyone seen it yet? It's VVL vs. VTEC is about all I know.
I can't stand that magazine. I have written about it in other sections as well.

We have spent $$thousands$$ of dollars with them in the years past only for them not to use us for those articles. When they called us earlier this year to advertise with them, they claimed the reason for they foolish mistake was that the guy in charge of Project Car had been let go from Car and Driver or Road and Track or Motor Trend, one of them, and knew nothing about imports and didn't know that we were with the group. That may be all and good but the guy can't google?

There's a guy that is probably buying my G20 with the body kit later this month. He is in Arizona and said the last issue with the G20 is a guy in his car club. He said that you can't do anything Nissan-wize out there on that platform and not here "the 3 letter companies" he meant JGY and JWT. He said his buddy wanted us to be used but that the issue only wanted to use local places. Phase 2 Motortrend was used. I don't dislike p2m in the least and hope the best for them. But I think magazine articles that focus on the local shops, yet the magazine is national are doing their readers a dis-service and are looking at the local places because they can smuuzze them into advertising a half page and get a couple grand out of them. Most of the time, those ads don't even pay the places back.

Dsport has been bad about that in the past. They will know of a place that has what the majority of the nation would want to see in the article and what would sell, but yet they use something local so that they can "sell" them face to face on ad spaces. The fact is that magazines are in business to make money, not to inform their customers. MD Automotive ad is the funniest for me. I am sure they get alot of dyno time from them and push them to advertise. I would assume that anyone further than 6 hours from MD would not use them for "automotive maintenence and repair" as they advertise!

My all time favorite was when Project Car bragged about spending like $250 modifying a Silvia downpipe to fit a turbo'd Sentra. Hell, we sell them for $174 and they are in stock. Idiots............do a internet search
We'll be in the top 10 more than once for it.

later Nathan

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart