JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Performance Section > A SECTION FOR VVL

Old 08-28-2009, 05:11 AM

Roman@SRC is on a distinguished road

It is going to car as soon as lsd driveshafts and fidanza flywheel to arrive to me from JGY.

It will be installed in my Nissan NX2000.

Nissan / Datsun 280ZX FairLady Z 1980, L28E - New painting in progress!

ZAZ 968M - Yo! Winter drift-car!

Nissan Primera 2.0 SLX SR20Di - not own any more. But I'm still in tuning of this bitch!

Nissan Maxima 3.5SL VQ35DE - Nismo CAI, KONI Sport front shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs,
Rear shocks modified to 290 psi pressure inside!

Last edited by Roman@SRC; 08-28-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@SRC View Post
It is going to car as soon as lsd driveshafts and fidanza flywheel to arrive to me from JGY.

It will be installed in my Nissan NX2000.

What is the difference between the normal SR chain and the chain on this motor?

I would not think that an intake would help on that motor. On the SR's, I think that the intakes really only help much on the turbo'd SR's. If money was no object and I could make an intake for you for $1k and it made you .2 HP, then you would like it, but in my opinion, you could be faster by just eating less fatty foods.

I wikipedia'd it and this is what it said "The second variant of the SR20VE is found only in the 2001 and up, P12 Nissan Primera. This version of the SR20VE makes 204 hp (152 kW), and 152 lb/ft torque. This engine is commonly known as the SR20VE '20V'. Although, in automotive terms, '20V' would normally be interpreted as having twenty valves, this is incorrect. The name '20V' is the name of the trim level of the Nissan Primera that it is found in. It is also a shortened version of the name SR20VE. This engine has 16 valves like the rest of the SR20 engines. This newer '20V' engine, is the only SR20 engine to get a restyled valve cover. It also has an upgraded intake manifold, which has longer runners and a larger 70 mm (2.8 in) throttle body (earlier SR20VE has 60 mm)."

read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_VVL

I wonder if the cams are different? If they are the same, I would be surprised if it made more power than the normal VVL with just an intake and TB. The normal is a good size. Also............what about the valve springs? Are they stiffer than the factory ones?

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 AM

Ok, the chain is morse drive chain, it's more like drive belt in your CVT unlike usual bike-chain in old-school DE or VE.

The cams are different, as far as I know:
Code:
                                 SR20VE        SR20VE 20V       SR16VE N1

Intake cam
Low lobe, mm lift @ duration     8.40  @ 220   10.10 @ 228      8.40  @ 220 
Low lobe center angle, deg       110           114              110
High lobe, mm lift @  duration   10.70 @ 264   12.00 @ 278      12.00 @ 288
High lobe center angle, deg      104           114              104

Exhaust cam
Low lobe, mm lift @ duration     6.60  @ 244   8.30  @ 244      7.95  @ 244 
Low lobe center angle, deg       122           106              122
High lobe, mm lift @  duration   10.34 @ 268   11.15 @ 280      11.90 @ 288 
High lobe center angle, deg      114           108              110
It has not just restyled valve cover, the head casting is different. The older SR20VE and SR16VE has the same casting. But 20V gets improved head casting, it is proved by some headflow data people post in internet.

I don't know about the valve springs, but the valves much lighter and the cams slightly bigger. Anyway, I'm planning to put N1 cams to test.

PSSSS: I don't eat fatty foods. My weight is 130 lbs, so I'm tuned!

Nissan Primera 2.0 SLX SR20Di - not own any more. But I'm still in tuning of this bitch!

Nissan Maxima 3.5SL VQ35DE - Nismo CAI, KONI Sport front shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs,
Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

that's really good info! yeah, with the different cam specs, I can see where the extra power comes from

thanks for that info!

the chain is interesting..........what is your theory on it? less HP loss? less stretch?

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 09-22-2009, 04:56 AM

This chain is much reliable than old-school one. My goal is climb in rpm range as high as possible, because our gearbox ratios is far from ideal, so reliability is the key to hold that rpms.

BTW, I have broken my NEW (old-school) chain in my built DE a couple of years ago. So I hate these chains, I hate these old-school rocker arms (in DE they always fail).

Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 AM

BTW, SR20VE 20V is the first native 2.0L VVL motor built by Nissan.

Like someone said
Quote:
The VE motor was designed from intake to timing events to header to be a 68mm stroke. The 20VE is an afterthought and it shows in the lack of power.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
NathanM

Is there any chance that JGY will stock a few 20V motors? I want to put one in an NX2000 this summer.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

doubt it........it may happen, but I am not sure..........the motor market changes all the time

SR/RB/VQ technician

Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 PM

NissanCrazyEric is on a distinguished road

I have a set of the 20V cams on my shelve.....
Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 AM
The SR/RB Doctor

what's that mean?

SR/RB/VQ technician