JGYCustoms Forums  

Go Back   JGYCustoms Forums > Chassis Specific > OTHER NISSAN'S

Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 AM

goggin is on a distinguished road

i daily drive a 99 infinite g20T. I have a 95 silverado too(plus the pulsar). i wouldnt mind keeping the CA18DE that is in the pulsar now but parts are hard to find for it. i thought the sr20 swap would be pretty easy to do and give me parts availability. unless you guys know anywhere i can get parts for the CA18DE fwd? im looking for an exhaust manifold.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:21 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggin View Post
well my budget is as cheap as i can get it without compromising safety. I was thinking of picking up a whole car with an sr20DE and use it as a donor car. Like an old sentra ser or an infinite G20. ( have one already but i daily drive that so dont want to hake it apart). i figure if i can do that my cost would be down since i would have almost all the parts i would need. minus the new welded in mounts. unless im thinking making this sound alot easier then it is. i have rebuilt a motor before (99 subaru forester) that turned out pretty good. wasnt to difficult. but this is modding and i dont know how to weld. i like to try to do things myself.
it's definitely cheaper to do the swap by buying a car for the parts versus buying all the parts

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart

Old 10-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Brennan@JGY is on a distinguished road

Well, we have everything you need in stock for any of your ideas. Id like to see some pics of the NX

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM

ok cool. i will post pics soon of the pulsar. once i get home tonight.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:46 PM

Here are a couple pics of the pulsar.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/6xms.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/mxqv.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/k34y.jpg/
Old 10-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

It would be different thats for sure.

'03 WRX ----------catback, injen cai, coilovers, xxr527's, cobb heat shield, prosport bc, pyle double din
'03 Jeep Wrangler -4inch zone susp. lift with 35's, 15inch beadlocks, track bar, pitman arm, steering stabilizer.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:43 AM

Well im thinking of just using the motor from the infinite. last night driving i hit a set of train tracks and heard a load crack. the lower radiator support was rusted bt ididnt think it was that bad. so it dropped about 1.5inches now. sooo ya that wasnt nice. anyway, would i have the sr20 mounts just welded into the pulsar of would i need to have mounts made? not sure how it works and i have been reading online but lots of different things.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

You would have a couple options with that.

With our projects, we make mounts that bolt into the place of the factory mounts so you can change it later on if you prefer.

If you don't plan on changing back just weld the mounts in.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 AM

this may be a stupid question. But do you have mounts that i can bolt on? for purchase? that way i can maybe change it back later if i ever find all the parts i need for the 1.8L.

side note i love that you are responsive. lots of forums out there that once you post no one ever responds. or they respond and are just assholes.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Little Sexy Road Magnet

Yea, it is an odd forum trend everywhere else to put down people and their projects. All of the negative comments are just unnecessary.

If the car was here we could make the mounts for it.