View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
The SR/RB Doctor

Jason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond reputeJason@JGY has a reputation beyond repute

Here is another program.

After talking with Beau Brown from AEM, he gave me some tips. I wanted to thank him for the tech support. In the past, we have always cringed at selling/installing AEM products IF we needed tech support. It seemed as if they only wanted to help with domestic items, not sure why. Well, Beau was very helpful and concerned with us getting where we needed to be. Thanks!

We turned the knock control to "on", did a base run up to redline, while logging the voltage of the knock sensor but not at full boost.

After looking at it, we then went into the "Tabs" button, hit "hidden tabs" so we could see the knock control, and went into the knock screen. We moved the graph using the plus and minus keys so that the graph was close to the logged voltage, but above the logged graph. This way, it won't enact the knock feature until needed.

After you do this, you can then start playing with the timing. You can start advancing the timing more and more, making more power. Once you start hitting knock, then back it off a tad. This is a very safe and great way to make more power.

In the loaded program, we did NOT advance the timing anymore, due to the LMI hotpipe and the use of factory rods in the motor. For demonstration purposes, I am still uploading the program so you can see it.

Also, if you use this program, you will need to log your OWN knock threshold because every motor is different.

SR/RB/VQ technician

95 G20T with gti-r, Ksports, GT2871r, 350z blue, 18inch Enkeis08 Ruckus, torn apart