JGYCustoms Forums

JGYCustoms Forums (http://www.jgyforum.com/index.php)
-   Z33 350z G35 section, 4.3L VQ (http://www.jgyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Okay I've made up my mind...... JGY Customs Single Turbo Kit! (http://www.jgyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2671)

Bigcloud 08-03-2013 06:00 PM

Okay I've made up my mind...... JGY Customs Single Turbo Kit!

Okay soooo I've been following you guys turbo install and I also see it on your 350z products page. I want the T3 flanged turbo kit. I want you guys to install it and tune it. I do however need to rebuild my motor as it has 167k on it.

I'm glad I finally figured out what I want!!

abonham@JGY 08-05-2013 09:12 AM

awesome! im pretty pumped on the kit, everything from the install to the performance! and since im the guy doing the install/driving the car i kknow the ins and outs on it!

im tuned real safe due to my lack of fuel/stock block, but with a fresh motor/built bottom end, the potential would be great!

Bigcloud 08-05-2013 10:35 AM

I'm excited as well. I think I just want a stock motor refresh and the turbo kit. I don't want the added cost of a built motor. At least not yet. I would probably do exactly what you're doing and call it a day.

abonham@JGY 08-05-2013 11:03 AM

oh well in that case i would just boost the motor as it sits right now! 167xxx miles in all honesty is not a big deal in the nissan world, unless of course you are consuming oil...

but yea i would prob just throw the kit on as it sits and then, let us build you a short block in the future :)

Jason@JGY 08-05-2013 12:34 PM

Yeah, it's a great kit.

Trying to explain it to the crowd on my350z is like trying to explain to someone that you found the cure for cancer, but it causes your feet to stink. They focus on the foot odor and the the fact that cancer will be deleted, even explaining to you that kemotherapy doesn't cause your feet to stink. The people complaining about the issue that it might not go over 500HP.....what?

There's doers and there's talkers. Rarely are they the same group. Ask a group if you can make over 500HP on a factory RB25 stock exhuast manifold.....you'll get alot of "no's". We did it.

Back in the day, it was heated on the internet that you couldn't make over 400HP with an internally wastegated turbo.................and then we invented the 2871r and the 3076r..............

The piping and layout are very nice. It's a great value and is quality stuff.

Only suggestion: 3inch air inlet for the turbo

Bigcloud 08-05-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abonham@JGY (Post 13157)
oh well in that case i would just boost the motor as it sits right now! 167xxx miles in all honesty is not a big deal in the nissan world, unless of course you are consuming oil...

but yea i would prob just throw the kit on as it sits and then, let us build you a short block in the future :)

I like that option! I'm not consuming oil to my knowledge, but I would want to at least enjoy the kit for a while before the motor goes. If it goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@JGY (Post 13158)
Yeah, it's a great kit.

Trying to explain it to the crowd on my350z is like trying to explain to someone that you found the cure for cancer, but it causes your feet to stink. They focus on the foot odor and the the fact that cancer will be deleted, even explaining to you that kemotherapy doesn't cause your feet to stink. The people complaining about the issue that it might not go over 500HP.....what?

There's doers and there's talkers. Rarely are they the same group. Ask a group if you can make over 500HP on a factory RB25 stock exhuast manifold.....you'll get alot of "no's". We did it.

Back in the day, it was heated on the internet that you couldn't make over 400HP with an internally wastegated turbo.................and then we invented the 2871r and the 3076r..............

The piping and layout are very nice. It's a great value and is quality stuff.

Only suggestion: 3inch air inlet for the turbo

Yeah I don't get some people on that site as well. I've really stopped posting in some areas as there are plenty of douches on that site now. So this is what I'm thinking.

1. JGY Customs single turbo kit.
2. New clutch, flywheel (JWT)
3. Possibly new trans. I have 3-5-6 grinding...syncro's are definitely going.
4. Custom JGY Tune.

** later **

5. Spare long block. (to build motor later)

Jason@JGY 08-05-2013 02:16 PM

or, we could fix what's wrong in the tranny, probably cheaper

I'm repairing a FWD tranny today.

Is the JWT flywheel aluminum or steel?

Bigcloud 08-05-2013 02:24 PM

I don't know for sure. If fixing the current trans is cheaper than I will go for that. I want to be one of the first long term members on that forum to have this kit and beat on it. I don't need 400whp. I just need more than the 223 I dyno'd at. lol...

Shock Therapist (Tray) 08-06-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcloud (Post 13152)
I'm glad I finally figured out what I want!!

There's nothing like having that peace of mind about what direction you want to go. It took me 4 years before I finally decided to pull the trigger!!

Jason@JGY 08-06-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcloud (Post 13162)
I don't know for sure. If fixing the current trans is cheaper than I will go for that. I want to be one of the first long term members on that forum to have this kit and beat on it. I don't need 400whp. I just need more than the 223 I dyno'd at. lol...

And those numbers seem to be what we see.
I get annoyed at dummies that insult those power numbers. On average, 220HP or is the correct number you will see on a REAL dyno.

We were playing around with a VQ intake manifold yesterday and our 50lb injectors. We got them to fit. So, for $65 x 6, we now sell an injector set for the VQ motors. awesome.

So we are at the bench and I take a photo of it. We were using a set of used injectors so that we wouldn't get a new set dirty. It was a set of 4. We had one in each corner......plenty to see if it worked. It did. I made a comment like "let's post this on my350z and see how long it takes the CIN Motorsports dude to insult it for missing 2 injectors".

I find it funny that his comeback was about a kid knocking his father out. It makes you wonder if his dad really did leave. Oh.....and in person, I would talk crap and insult him. It's what I do and....it's funny.