JGYCustoms Forums

JGYCustoms Forums (http://www.jgyforum.com/index.php)
-   AEM EMS Maps and advice (http://www.jgyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   AEM EMS for Rb26 (http://www.jgyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2516)

ZackBoostedZ 03-29-2013 10:55 AM

AEM EMS for Rb26

Currently i have the power Fc and does the job well but i want to conver to map to get rid of the dual intakes. I dont believe i have the D-Jetro which i know you can switch to map with those but have to wait till i get my car back turned on to figure that out...

But i wanted to know how everyone felt about the EMS since i have never used one, i see them going on forums every now and then for around 1000 and sell my power fc. From a tuners aspect is it a lot better than the Power Fc since my standalone is pretty out of date.

Thanks

Jason@JGY 03-29-2013 12:11 PM

It's a little hard for me to follow your thoughts...............

The white RB25 Skyline we had here also had an Apexi Power FC........but honestly, I never touched it.

If I had a Skyline, I would use a Haltech instead of an AEM...........and I'm not sure I can say why......it's just a gut feeling.

Both are great.......but without a doubt, Haltech focuses more on ECU tuning than AEM, the company does.

ZackBoostedZ 03-29-2013 12:15 PM

Im gong to get a second opinon when i go to AMS here soon since they are the ones who tune my car and see what they say. But i have heard good things on forums about Haltech but i personally dont know anyone with that ecu.

AnthonyB13 03-29-2013 12:21 PM

I have had 2 B13's with Haltech ECU's and I love them. Check out all the infomation that you get, they are great to use, easy interface with a laptop, and allow for a lot of user defined functionality.

Jason@JGY 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackBoostedZ (Post 12338)
Im gong to get a second opinon when i go to AMS here soon since they are the ones who tune my car and see what they say. But i have heard good things on forums about Haltech but i personally dont know anyone with that ecu.

can't hold my tongue......

Now, we don't have an AWD dyno, so I'm cool with that, our building is set up for it, but we don't have any customers that want it, our long term goal is to have it added to our Mustang when we get a job that makes it worth it.
but DUDE.............you drive from Maryland to Illinois for dynoing? come on! talk about not supporting the people around you
You can use this to find a place:
http://www.mustangdyne.com/mustangdy...a-dynamometer/

ok,
onto the subject at hand:

who ever is dynoing your car should use what they are good at, I think the end result at JGY is the same with AEM or Haltech, actually we do more AEm's than Haltech

ZackBoostedZ 03-29-2013 02:13 PM

No i go to Atlantic Motorsports also which is called AMS, they are in Gaithersburg, Maryland which is the city i work in. They specialize in evos but the owner has a R33 Gtr and has tuned all the skylines in the area, only a total of 4 though but they did good tune for me last time for a very good price.

And yeah it would be nice if you guys were closer and had the awd dyno.

I dont trust the rest of the shops around here as some of my friends have went to them and not had the best work.... PF Supercars, PT Tuning, Frederick Motorsports none are real big in Nissans mostly honda, toyota, rx-7's

Jason@JGY 03-29-2013 02:35 PM

ok, haha

you are right, I am wrong ,you are 9 inches, I'm just 7inches
cool!

on a side note,PF Supercars is a weird place.............know them from way back

ZackBoostedZ 03-29-2013 02:40 PM

haha like your style.

But yeah my friend has had his supra there for 2 years now at least and is just in pieces. At one time it was a really nice supra was Top Secret supra of 2007 made 800+hp. luckily he has a new Gtr also that he can drive in its place for now. wish i was that rich to own all the cars he has.

Jason@JGY 07-12-2013 11:05 AM

when you daily is a GTR and you are waiting on your Supra to get put together........I don't guess all is bad

Brennan@JGY 07-12-2013 11:22 AM

Watched a video where a guy had a GTR just to get race gas for his 1100hp Lambo, both street cars. Same concept though Id like to live that life.